The responsibilities of the standing committees are set forth below:
1. Audit Committee
Audit Committee Charter – February 3, 2016
The audit committee is responsible for assisting and advising the BPY General Partner’s board of directors with respect to:
- our accounting and financial reporting processes;
- the integrity and audits of our financial statements;
- our compliance with legal and regulatory requirements; and
- the qualifications, performance and independence of our independent accountants.
The audit committee is responsible for engaging our independent auditors, reviewing the plans and results of each audit engagement with our independent auditors, approving professional services provided by our independent accountants, considering the range of audit and non-audit fees charged by our independent auditors and reviewing the adequacy of our internal accounting controls.
2. Governance and Nominating Committee
Governance and Nominating Committee Charter – February 3, 2016
The governance and nominating committee is responsible for:
- approving the appointment by the sitting directors of a person to the office of director and for recommending a slate of nominees for election as directors by the BPY General Partner’s shareholders;
- assisting and advising the BPY General Partner’s board of directors with respect to matters relating to the general operation of the board of directors, our company’s governance, the governance of the BPY General Partner and the performance of its board of directors;
- reviewing and making recommendations to the board of directors of the BPY General Partner concerning the remuneration of directors and committee members and any changes in the fees to be paid pursuant to our Master Services Agreement.